<XMP><body></XMP> <XMP></body></XMP> My Shangri-la























It has never been, it shall never be.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Home!

I'm back! From a lovely wintery wonderland! It was absolutely gorgeous! The snowcapped mountains, with trees sprinkled with icing and houses with white roofs. Really a winter wonderland!


I spent the first day in Frankfrut meeting the other folks from the tour. Had Aussies, Americans, New Zealanders and a couple from Singapore. The majority are older than I am, but that didn't stop them from having fun.


On the second day we headed down to Munich. That was the first time I experienced snow falling from the Heavens onto me. It was beautiful! The snow was already thick, probably shin deep. I spent two nights there before heading down to Austria, Salzburg.


We visited Mozart's birth place, as well as toured the locations that were used to film "The Sound of Music". If you thought the scenary in the movie was nice, you ought to see it in real life!


After Salzburg we headed down to Innsbruck. Over there besides the sight-seeing, I also went on a horse carrriage ride. The temperature there was 17 degrees below zero! I was wrapped up like a marshmallow but my bits were still freezing off! :)) Oh yeah I saw little eors up at the farm too. :P


After Salzburg we went to Lucerne in Switzerland. The town area was gorgeous, with a beautiful river cutting it down the middle. We went up Mount Pilatus, only about 7000 feet. The view from the top was stunning!! Up in the clouds, looking down at tiny houses. It was almost like an air-photo you get from the web.


Here's the best bit. I took a sledge down! Sliding down the slope was exhilarating!! The tour guide made it sound so easy. "To stop put both feet on the ground." I put both feet and I was still going at 1000 km/h! Or at least it seemed like 1000 km/h. Ended up having to crash just to stop. My bum is still sore!


Finally made our way back to Frankfrut where we said goodbye to one another and went on our seperate ways. It was only 9 days but it was the best 9 days of my life!


I took 954MB worth of pictures, so I'll put it in my portable hard drive and pass it around. Be patient! :D

9 Comments:

At 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wanna go to europe some day too! met any chicks?
NPNT!

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger Russell said...

NPNT? Then don't talk. =))
GO GO GO! Europe looks great in winter!

 
At 1:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang! it was soo nice!! i wanna go too!!! haha

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger princesslonglegs said...

love the new pic on ur page. happy to see that u enjoyed urself so much :D

 
At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my pictures are coming up in awhile...it's only like 10% done - we had about 5-6GB of pictures man.

I didn't go to Switzerland this time round but i've been to lucerne and pilatus before in 1999. It was in summer though. The sledge ride must have been exhilarating since the Swiss Alps are so steep.

The Bavarian Alps are much nicer, more scenic and picturesque if you ask me. from Munich to Salzburg to Innsbruck to Garmisch, the drive was picture perfect most of the way. You must make another trip to drive through bavaria. The experience of driving is thoroughly fantastic man. I never imagine driving to be so much fun - and it's not about the speed lor.

will let u know when ALL the pictures are up - well, not all lah, probably less than 10% only..can't possibly post 3000 pictures online.

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Russell said...

hey i went to Bavaria too! Drove from Munich to Salzburg to Innsbruck to Lucerne to Frankfrut.. The scenary is gorgeous ya??? =D

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger kona said...

welcome back wussy :P

 
At 1:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah..scenery is gorgeous..n drive is exhilarating. great speed, with good road manners. I never felt any impulse to press the horn at all.

i wanna go back jsut to drive. this time i make sure i'll go above 200. hee.

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger kona said...

that's what you say, squirt... *rolleyes* =P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home