<XMP><body></XMP> <XMP></body></XMP> My Shangri-la























It has never been, it shall never be.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Of Bells and Wrings

The sum which two married people owe to one another
defies calculation. It is an infinite debt, which can only
be discharged through eternity.

I have another wedding to attend this Saturday. That makes 3 this year. A depressing number, considering I'm a good half-a-decade away. If ever that day comes, that is.


But is marriage everything that it is made out to be? How you enjoy true love in all its wonder, and although there are quarrels littering the pathway to growing old together, somehow love will iron them out?


One of my married friends says he has lost his freedom. Not just a bit, but almost all. He has to "over-declare" training and duty just to get out of the house. And although things appear to be dandy in public, my friend claims they're bickering almost every day. And their problems go into the "blood-is-thicker-than-water" category. Scary.


Onto my other friend, who recently tied the knot. He mentioned his fears about getting married just before he exchanged vows. He even felt like pulling out, although there was no darn way he was going to do that. I have not gotten the chance to speak to him after the wedding but I sure hope everything is going well for him.


Another scary story comes from my subordinate. He had a shotgun marriage. His wife just delivered and is very possibly suffering from postnatal blues. He is experiencing problems that I dare not post here. But regardless, it simply freaks me out.


In every marriage more than a week old, there are grounds for divorce. The trick is to find, and continue to find, grounds for marriage. Sounds easy? Maybe we are not handling the source of the problem. I figure the source is in who we choose.


It is very easy for one to mislead himself into thinking that all problems will be solved once a couple is married. Maybe she will stop nagging at me about this issue once we are married. Maybe she will allow me to play more games on my computer when we are married. Maybe this. Maybe that.


Well I've got news for you. Wake up and smell the cow dung.


A close friend once told me, "The wrong person at the wrong time is wrong. The right person at the wrong time is still wrong. The wrong person at the wrong time is also wrong." Doesn't take a genius to figure out that only the right person at the right time is right.


Just don't ask me who the right one is. I'm still trying to figure that out.

6 Comments:

At 10:38 PM, Blogger ePing Chen said...

i'm going to a wedding on sunday... and that fellow is younger then us! *lol*

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Russell said...

don't u just feel old..

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger ePing Chen said...

not only old... a bit demoralised as well. haha... not that i'm that desperate in getting hitched.

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

the scary thing is when the right ger at the right time THEN, becomes the wrong girl at the right time NOW when another cums along...

go figure! :))

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Russell said...

hard to figure that out with a hangover..

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Russell said...

Son you'll be a bachelor boy.. la la la

 

Post a Comment

<< Home