<XMP><body></XMP> <XMP></body></XMP> My Shangri-la























It has never been, it shall never be.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Goodbye my friend..

I received a shock this morning when I went to work. And it wasn't because my boss reached there earlier than I did. A friend and colleague came up to me when I was having my morning smoke and told me that a mutual friend of ours had passed away. I was in shock. He was my age.


We both played badminton in the national junior squad. That was about a decade ago. And about this time we both picked up smoking. He ended worse off. We had spent many evenings and afternoons with the other badminton players training and having fun. And now he is gone.


Was he too young to die? Could it have been me instead? I am still too shocked for words.


Rest in peace my dear friend. You will be remembered.

6 Comments:

At 5:32 PM, Blogger unkster said...

sorry to hear that. how did he die?

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Russell said...

Throat cancer..

 
At 12:31 AM, Blogger princesslonglegs said...

:( condolences. i know how u feel. but do take care...

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

gulp! clansman, time for us to trash the tobacco :(

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Russell said...

openly admitting that u smoke huh? :))

 
At 9:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

RIP.. so sad. life is fragile...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home